So what is to be done?
- Start to expose the narcissist! Discover and recognize the narcissist in your environment, in politics and the media.
- If at all possible, give narcissists a wide berth, avoid contact at all costs, run for your life!
- Recognize the narcissistic manipulations, call them by name! So that those around you also recognize the narcissist.
- Withdraw all attention from the narcissist(s).
- Do not discuss or argue with narcissists, because narcissists are not capable of insight!
- Forget "co-narcissism" there is no such thing, it's just another sly manipulation.
- Do not be enslaved by the exploitative demands and omnipotence fantasies of these human abusers.
- Apologize, defend and explain narcissists do not. Narcissists don't deserve that and a narcissist would interpret that as weakness anyway.
- Know yourself and nurture your soul.
The following applies to narcissists in politics and business:
By far the most important manipulation technique is repetition. Nothing is more powerful than repeating a statement over and over again.
And that's why it applies to the truth:
"One must always repeat what is true, because error, too, is always being preached around us, and not by individuals, but by the masses, in newspapers and encyclopedias, in schools and universities. Everywhere error is on top, and it is comfortable and at ease in the feeling of the majority which is on its side."Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, to Johann Peter Eckermann
By Urs Scheufele, IT lecturer and web developer
first published on www.privataktionaer.com